Saturday, June 5, 2021

Couch 2 Million



Couch 2 Million?

Nope, it's not one of those couch-to-5k or to-10k programs to make you stand up from your couch and prepare you for a marathon. Surely neither to 1 million km.

This is my journey from my couch to 1 million Euro.
 

About Me 

I currently live in Switzerland since a few years, and I recently came to know the FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early) movement.

Wait, what's that? 
It's a lifestyle of saving and investing in order to reach your financial goal of independence, which could be to retire earlier and lay on a hammock sipping cocktails all day, to dedicate more time to your personal life, working on your projects, or chase your dreams job without money restrictions. 

Without even knowing what it meant, I have always been a frugalist.
    Frugality noun
     1. a way of living in which you use only as much money or food as is necessary.
 

To quote Roberto Benigni at the Oscars awards "I would like to thank my parents in Vergaio, a little village in Italy. They gave me the biggest gift: poverty." 

Perhaps because I've grown up in a low-income working family, I've never been used to spend money, shaping me into a sort of austere and minimalist person. 

Let's be clear, I own more than 2 t-shirts and I have furniture at home. But I mean that I simply prefer to spend my time and money on things that can bring me personal values.  

So you have been on your FIRE journey since long time?
Sadly, nope. Just saving money is not enough to reach the FIRE age and sustain your lifestyle.
Your saving are sitting in a bank account getting eaten by the inflation. 

And so?
And so, I had to learn (still I am) how to give a better value to my money. As scary it was, I've started to invest my money with a passive long-term strategy.


The Blog

This blog is a personal diary to keep track of my "couch 2 million" journey.

I will post financial updates of my net worth and investments, any content related to self-development and whatever else I feel like sharing.

I gladly admit that I don't know too much regarding finance, and I will use this blog to share what I am learning, and to actually improve through your feedback.

This is by no means a financial advisor blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment