Tuesday, August 17, 2021

NetWorth Update July 2021 - Holidays!





Income CHF 7'765.56 (CHF -2'043.60 vs June) 
Of course, no surprises.
May was a "special" month, with a higher income due to some refunds. This months was a normal month with the expected salary

Expenses CHF 3'327.06 (CHF +382.20 vs June) 
Not happy to see once again an expensive month... but I can explain everything!
I was on holiday with my girlfriend for 3 weeks and half, nearly the whole month of July.
During which we had few dine out, celebrated my birthday, we had 3 day trips and we had a 5 days trip to Naples.
The most expensive parts, perhaps 1/4 of the travel expenses were due to the trains which couldn't really be avoided in any other way.

But I have to say that for a month of holiday, having such a low expense should be a reason to celebrate instead. And I have hidden something... the expense would have been 806 CHF lower, therefor as a normal month in Switzerland, if it wasn't for my latest photo camera purchase.

Just before leaving for holiday, both my 2 cameras decided to die. One was badly behaving since long time, but the second one was kind of unexpected. And with only 3 days to leave, and no cameras, I purchased online a new one with 2 days shipping.

Murphy's law, after the camera arrived, of course, one camera came back alive... So I told myself that I should give it a second chance, and if it still works, I can send back the new one. And indeed it perfectly worked! So once back to Switzerland I would return it.

spoiler alert: I didn't, and I have kept it. guilty.

  • HousingAs we were out all the time, with only a tiny grocery at the beginning of July, we basically had only the rent to pay. CHF 727.75
  • Health: CHF 377.75 and a refund of 105 CHF by Helsana for my dentist's checkup
  • Personal: 1'207.89 yup... photocamera + some clothes and a gift for my mum
  • Transport: 42 CHF for a little escape trip with my gf to Neuchatel, for the NIFFF
  • HolidayCHF 947.95 - all in all the month of holiday was as not as bad. I could have easily spent this money simply by staying in Switzerland, with grocery, weekend trip and entertainment
Stocks Investing CHF 214’405.35 (CHF +2’776.18  vs June)
Stable month!

Saving Rate 57.16% (-12.82% vs June)
The difference is due to the slightly higher expense this month and the normal income in contrast with the higher income of June

Net Worth CHF 285’066.82 (CHF +2'076.52 vs June)
I feel I have lost some numbers... I should have saved around 4k, and it only went up by 2k.
I'll double check, anyway, NW increase by 0.73%.
Due to the higher monthly expense, I am pushed back to a  FI of 20.63%

0 comments:

Post a Comment