Wednesday, December 29, 2021

NetWorth Update August 2021 - Correcting the Numbers




I haven't posted for the last 4 months for reasons, therefore I release the last updates all together

August has been a pretty stable flat month in terms of events.
We have used all our holidays, and therefor the only big thing happened was to realise that I had some miscalculation in my NW due to some wrong currency exchange and to my 2Pillar being actually slightly higher than what I thought.

I have also decided to remove the expected tax from my income calculation, as perhaps I should just add it to the 'end of the year Real NW expected'. 
As previously said, this was due to the habit to always had my salary taxed at the source as I had a permit B until May.
But this didn't align well with my NW that was still growing every month by the gross amount, and then eventually drop by 20k out of the blue in a month where the expenses would be the usual 2-3K.


Income CHF 11'497.78 (CHF +2'018.63 vs July) 
My last "higher" salary, as from next month I will earn 10k less per year, due to my new contract... congrats to me.
The salary looks a bit higher due to the fact that is my gross salary still to be taxed, as explained above, in addition to 1'964 CHF for my Tax Refund from 2020.

Expenses CHF 1'862.29 (CHF -1'464.77 vs July) 
It's easy to be frugal when you have no holidays, and all activities can be done for free outside (Concerts, festivals, Open-air cinemas, hiking, biking etc)

  • HousingCHF 904.70 - rent + grocery 
  • Health: CHF 357.75
  • Personal: CHF 484.78 - I mainly drinks/meals outside
  • Transport: 61 CHF - little hike trip
  • HolidayCHF 54.76 - We were still in Italy the first 2 days of August technically!
Saving Rate 83.30% (+18.90% vs July)
Between have been one of the cheapest month in addition to the highest Income, this easily be the highest SR of the year.

Net Worth CHF 305'504.74 (CHF +16'346.60 vs July)
Salary + an actual increase of stock value by 5k. Just a simple and beautiful month!
Not surprised, I've once again had some wrong formulas in my sheet, therefore my new FI progression is 25.95%
Better re-run all the formulas the day I reach the FU number, in case a wrong one is still hidden somewhere 😅

Stocks Investing CHF 223’977.67 (CHF +9'572.32 vs July)
I've bought 5'000 CHF of VT and the USDCHF appreciated

Crypto Investing CHF 479.81 (CHF +144.13 vs July)
I feel ashamed.
I don't really believe in crypto and I feel ecologically guilty to invest in something which feels just speculation, and has no real impact in the industry.
But I guess the devil on my right shoulder rather feel guilty and richer...
Anyway I've invested so far just a tiny bit in ETH, ADA and XLM  


0 comments:

Post a Comment